What is Invisalign?
Invisalign® is a system that uses 3D modeling software and cutting-edge manufacturing technology to provide a clear, removable solution for straightening teeth. Invisalign® is effective at treating a wide variety of orthodontic issues including:
- Deep bite
- Open bite
Invisalign has changed the face of orthodontics. Instead of wires attached to your teeth, Dr. Mann can now straighten your teeth invisibly.
- Invisalign is clear. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. No metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustment.
The Invisalign process has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- A set of aligners are worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position the dentist has prescribed.
- You will visit Smile Arts of NY approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages will vary from case to case. On average Invisalign treatment lasts 12 months.